I know majority of us that are internet marketers have account with paypal. It is a payment processor that makes collecting money online so easy.
Now, I want to tell you about a service that paypal just rolled out. This will change the way we send and collect money. The new service is called paypal.me and you can sign up and attached this new service to your existing account. It has a lot of benefits.
This is brand new as of last week, and it’s not only important for you to grab a link name for yourself, it’s also an opportunity that could mean immense profit for you.
Now there is a small tutorial eBook that is just published by Dennis Becker on this subject. If you click the image below, you will be taken to a page where you can download this report and it is free. However, you can donate if you want.
When you get to the page, just click the image I point orange arrow at on the image below. That is the link that will take you to this PDF free report to download. I hope you enjoy it
I hope you enjoy it.
I was reading one internet marketing blog online and I saw this video below. It is all about getting business loan from paypal which is very easy to get. You can use this loan for marketing or advertising. The payment is deducted from whatever sales you make. You can also choose what percentage of your sales you want to be using to pay back the loan. And the good part, they don’t even do a credit check on you.
So, check out this video:
Have you ever thought of doing a business that doesn’t require costs, but you’re misty about what you are going to do? In this case, Local Business Marketing and Consulting Service is a choice you can consider. These services is all about helping the local business owners achieve their success by exposing their businesses to the internet to the fullest extent with online marketing services. These services mostly focus on:
• Marketing & strategy development: Marketing & brand consulting, project management, marketing strategy.
• Digital content: website, landing page, blog, mobile app
• Search engine services: SEO, Google display network,
• Social media: Content development, driving engagement, games, advertising on Facebook, twitter, etc.
• Email marketing: Email marketing system deployment, email design, content development and management
• Design: Brand identity packages, brochures, flyers, banners, websites and apps.
• Market research: quantitative, qualitative, measurements, online surveys.
If these things catch your interest, you definitely choose the right time. The reason is local businesses (small and medium companies) are all looking to come online and learn the strategies and techniques to propel their brands. Old fashioned marketing methods like Yellow Pages, Magazine or newspapers Ads, etc. costs too much and bear less fruits. It is estimated that 75% of small business have websites, 35% of them have mobile sites. When selling online, 64% of them say the internet has increased their revenue and sales, 48% of them feel the internet expand geographic reach in the US, and 73% of them save money by decreasing the admin costs.
Local Business Consulting is fun when you know the psychology of your market and what makes them tick. If someone lost everything and had to start over from scratch, I suggest Local Business Consulting should be a start over to look at. It is because you can kick-start your consulting career with no money, risk-free and with little effort. To be successful, what you should do is all about being able to provide value and to position yourself as an authority and expert. People will chase you from far and wide because Local SEO consultants are in huge demand.
Despite the potential of the business, many questions may come across your mind like: The list items are too much, how can I do it when I’m not an expert on those things? Would it take too much time? How can I find clients? … In a nutshell, what is the profitable strategy approach for those marketing services? From what I learned, it’s all simple in these principles:
1. You don’t need to be an expert.
Your clients do not care about the costs involved just as long as the results pay back in huge dividends. It means you are the person who collects the ideas for the valuable solutions to your clients. You should first develop a network of the supporters who are ready to provide advices for the solutions. So, the steps are simple: collecting solution pieces > taking project (50% upfront of cash) > allocating works in the network > completing project (50% after finishing projects).
2. Find clients in online market place.
Thanks to technology, Local Consulting Business is easier now than ever. You can start with the sites like freelancer, guru, etc. The first startup may be humble, but you can base on that and build a place of your own (blog or website) in the future. You can start to focus offering just one service like web maintenance & web design first by signing small contracts, around $200 for starting. The best industry to approach should be small businesses like Pizzerias, pool maintenance, local contractors, small restaurants, etc. You can also try to get your local clients by cold calling offering a live free demo. Although you might sweat when hearing the word cold call, but it’s worth a try. However, for landing high paying clients, social networking, PPC ads and referrals are the keys. Online Marketing Consulting can be found in a variety of places but it is better if you attract those who are utilizing the mediums which you are currently leveraging like YouTube, MySpace, Facebook & Twitter because they will convert at a much higher rate. If you got money to invest in PPC campaigns, use that method. If not, just forget it, we can move up step by step. It’s a good strategy when making people come and ask you to work with them.
3. Integrity is the best policy.
Local Business Consulting should be honest with the small business owners. When working with clients, you should keep asking what value you can start providing to increase their profits enough that they gladly pay you that much and try to help businesses to brand themselves effectively so that they can become the HUNTED instead of the HUNTER. When consulting with local businesses all you need to be aware of is their hunger to succeed and the only thing that really matters is the bottom line.
Local Business Consulting is here to stay but are you going to grab your piece of the digital pie before the masses take over. Local Business Consulting is extremely powerful when you mix the advantages of offline marketing because you truly can captivate your audience and target market. You can start Local Business Consulting as fast as today. So, you can design your lifestyle of what you truly deserve.
Twitter is a brilliant social networking tool for individuals and businesses alike. Essential information is shared, opinions are discussed, relationships are sealed and useful products are promoted through tweets. Retweet (RT) is a remarkable Twitter feature that brands and adds value to tweets.
It is thereby fundamental to enlighten yourself with the ways to obtain more retweets.
1. Tweet with VISUAL CONTENT
Use pictures, videos, illustrations, graphs and mini-info graphics. They make a tweet all the more arresting than a bland string of text. Adding such visuals boost retweet rates by 150%.
Choose a visual that is vibrant or one that is riveting. For example, check this Nat Geo image that has 190 retweets primarily owing to the stunning photograph.
Sift through free stock photos from Creative Commons or pick royalty free images or free to license images from Shutter stock, Fotolia, Think stock, Un-splash, Comp-fight, to name a few.
2. Include LINKS
Tweeting with links gains more followers. According to a data report by Sales force Marketing Cloud, here is the math: tweets with no links receive 86% lower retweet rates than tweets that contain links. Hence, include links in your tweets.
3. Tweet and REPEAT
Fresh tweets become stale within minutes. If you have an amazing piece of information that is worth sharing a zillion times, by all means do. A word of caution: restrict the annoyance quotient through repetition. Excite your followers by presenting the same amazing piece of information in different formats.
Quote it the first time
Use an image the second time. (Never spam in quick succession, leave sensible time between tweets.)
Follow up with a link the third time. (As above, space out the tweets.)
4. Tweet More CURRENT EVENTS
Retweet rates soar high for the latest happenings; add value to your tweets by discussing current events; Ask questions, tease for more information, and frame opinions on trending topics. Get a bunch of those events, keep them handy and tweet them at frequent intervals.
Try Trends map, an excellent tool to track local trending topics on Twitter.
5. TIMING Matters
To get more retweets, tweet at the optimal time.
Intensive studies have been conducted on retweet timings and practically speaking, there are no invariable, sacred statistics for retweets. Followers exist in multiple time zones and it is imperative to use Twitter analysis tools to get your best strategic time.
There is a plethora of tools to choose from, the ubiquitous being Follower wonk. It provides the most active hours of tweets and retweets. Make your own analysis from the graphs, evaluate the hours sensibly and retweet at those definite times. Take this example from the Follower wonk site:
Compare statistics with Twitonomy. These provide equally awesome tweet-retweet analysis with stunning charts and visualizations.
6. Add Key NICHE INFLUENCERS
Big names drive retweets. Choose “niche influencers” (people sharing powerful information on a specific topic, not necessarily celebrities) who have a lot of followers and add them to your tweet.
Keep caution in including their names; let the tweet be gentle or good enough for the influencer to be added. Those who follow the influencers are more likely to follow your tweet and retweet. If you have more number of followers, higher is the probability of retweets.
7. Get to know your TWEETABLES and RETWEETABLES
One man has done extensive research on retweet-able words and made our tweeting lives easier. Bless the good-hearted Dan Zarrella, a social media scientist for his robust findings.
Follow his cue and remember to use these words in your tweets for high retweet rates:
“You, twitter, post, blog, new blog post, top, blog post, please retweet, social media, great, check out, please, retweet, how to, social, free, media, help, 10, follow”
Likewise it is suggested that we avoid these banal words/phrases. In no particular order:
“Going, Haha, hey, bored, work, home, back, bed, well, sleep, gonna, lol, tomorrow, watching, night tired, some, listening, game”
8. Keep It Short and Simple
A tweet has 140 characters. For a follower to retweet, you ought to shelve him some space and not use all the 140 spaces. In effect, every character counts.
Retweet versus Length of Tweets
9. Here is a quick checklist:
a. Avoid gibberish/jargon. Use simple, short words.
b. Let your tweet be only around 70-100 characters. Reserve the remaining 50%-70% for retweets.
c. If you add lengthy URLs, you waste space and lose retweets. Use URL shorteners.
10. Just RETWEET OTHER TWEETS
The simplest and fuss-free way to get more retweets is to offer retweets in the first place.
This give and take practice is a proven fact for high engagement rates and consequently pooling traffic to your tweet.
11. Entice With a FREEBIE
Rake in followers by offering them something free in return. People crave for freebies and they spread the word.
If you own a shop, add a link to a survey poll and sell a comfort product.
Spread the word of your new book by posting free e-copies to the top 100 retweeters.
If you recently opened your café, tweet about it and mention that you will offer discounts every Sunday for those who retweet.
It is a gamble, but a good one.
Some useful tools to aid in this quest are Cloud Food, Pay with a Tweet.
12. Follow MORE POPULAR TWEETERS
Follow those who represent the knowledge powerhouse of your niche. (Refrain from following random people.) This way you get precious information to tweet and in turn earn more retweets.
13. Include HASHTAGS
A hash tag (#) is a fantastic means to breed retweets. According to the Twitter blog, the usage of hash tags with tweets can increase the retweet rates for individuals by almost two times.
On the contrary, using too many hash tags reverses its advantage. The retweet rate drops by about 17% if more than two hash tags are used.
Here is a bad example:
Keep your eyes open for the latest trending hash tags that when added to your tweet might boost retweets for you.
14. ASK and You Shall Receive
Two powerful phrases raise the chances of your tweets being re-tweeted:
Please Retweet: increases your retweet rate by 4 times
Please RT: increases your retweet rate by 3 times
However, keep in mind that requesting someone for retweets can be considered spam, especially if made to total strangers. Never be pushy or beg for retweets. As always, spare time between requests.
You can always make a brazen request to your dear friends to retweet your tweet.
15. Some More Ideas/Tools That Invite Retweets
a. Tweet a lot of quotes; humans like to read them big time.
b. Add social media buttons to your tweet, spread the word, and get more followers and more retweets.
c. Use the Twitter’s paid Promoted tweets.
d. Use scheduling tools like Buffer.
e. Always remember to thank all those who re-tweet your tweet.
f. Finally, do not stop tweeting.
If you enjoy this article, please leave a comment below.
Traffic is internet marketers friend. I go out everyday to look for traffic loop holes in every traffic corners. This have led me to decide to tell you about the real and simple traffic power of twitter. Despite the brilliance of your occasional tweets, somehow the world isn’t beating a path to your blog or website. What are others doing that you are not?
(Note: Wherever I say ‘blog’ in this article I’m including regular websites too as the strategies are the same.)
The question above is one I posed to myself some time ago, which led me to do some research and change my Twitter ways. You will be the lucky recipients of that research without having to do the work.
First you should know there are many strategies for building traffic on Twitter and your blog and many of them are circular; i.e. building a highly sought after blog will make your Twitter tweets more sought after and creating better tweets promoting your blog will send more traffic to your blog. It’s a win-win for the blog and Twitter and a big win for you.
There were almost as many strategies as there are experts but some are agreed on by pretty well everyone. Here are the ones I found to have the most ‘votes’. I’ve listed them in the order I think works best for an individuals’ blog.
- Be active on Twitter.
Use your first and last 15 minutes of each day to tweet, follow, and respond to your followers. Be tweeting before most people in your target audience have gone to work and again after they’ve returned home. Also, I live in the same time zone as my target audience so the beginning and end of my day fits in with their day too. However, if your target market lives in a different time zone, you need to make your time on Twitter suit your audience’s day. There’s a handy program called Tweet When that can help you with that.
- Create an engaging Biography.
People like to interact with people, even when they’re ‘interacting’ electronically over great distances. Be sure you have a great Avatar, preferably a photo of you. If you’d rather not use your own face, use an image that says something about you. Just be sure whatever your Avatar is, it looks professional. If it’s a photo of you, make your face the focus. Keep in mind, this is the first way your readers, and hopefully soon-to-be followers, know anything about you. It’s that first impression that everyone remembers.
- Include images!
Twitter has moved on from being a text-only medium and you need to as well. Stunning, quirky, emotion-laden images are the most re-tweeted items out there and will bring lots of traffic to your blog to see and read more. This is particularly true for travel blogs where the scenery is often what draws people to visit.
- Keep your Tweets shorter than the 140 characters
Short tweets allow re-tweeters to add their thoughts to yours and. surveys show that short tweets are much more likely to get re-tweeted.
- While we’re talking about re-tweeting, don’t be shy – ask for one
Don’t ask every time, of course, but when you have something you feel is worth a wider audience, ask your followers for a re-tweet, known as an RT. It may not be what your mom taught you but in the Twitter verse you’ll find asking gets you way more ‘shares’. Become a re-tweeter yourself, particularly when you see your own blog mentioned.
- Use quotes often, either from your own blog or from another source, such as a famous person, book or movie
Choose something wise, provocative, intriguing or interestingly controversial — just not something ugly or obnoxious.
- Questions, like quotes, are a good way to spark interest
I once heard questions described as the spark plugs of conversation — and they are. One of the things we’ve learned from the Internet world is that people enjoy even the silliest of surveys so use that to your advantage. As with all things web traffic related, keep your questions focused on your blog’s subject or niche.
- Add #Hash tags and @mentions to your posts
These Twitter features help spread the word. Hash tags are a way of creating a discussion theme. Just put a word or two behind a # symbol and people can take part in a discussion knowing they’re talking around the same subject. A @ mention allows you to include a Twitter user’s address, which is useful and flattering for directly tweeting to specific people.
Statistical Representation of Hash Tags effect on the Retweet Percentage
- Be sure to tweet about any contest happening on your blog
Contests are a great way to get traffic to a blog and Twitter is a great way to advertise them. People love this kind of light-hearted engagement with sites. Be sure to mention your Twitter feed on your blog and anywhere else it makes sense, business cards, for example.
- While we’re talking blogs, develop your Twitter niche to complement your blog’s theme
This is easy if you’ve a travel-related blog but it still needs to be done even if your blog is less physically focused. Whatever your blog is about, Do your best to get emotions into your posts and tweets. Think of the things that have ‘gone viral’ these past years – funny cats are a good example. Here again, images are often the quickest way to capture the moment. Search Pinterest for pictures that tell the story.
- Following someone who follows you isn’t just polite; it’s profitable too
Users do notice when you don’t and they’ll likely ‘un-follow’ you when they don’t see a quick response, which is a practice you need to learn as well. While we’re talking about following, look for people who ‘auto-follow’ and follow them. These people are generally ‘twitter celebrities’ and some of their aura will rub off on you, in time. As well, try to get famous people to follow you. This isn’t easy but it happens and to make it happen you need something special in your tweet to catch their eye.
- Use the tools available, such as Twitter feed, Twitter Counter, and Qwitter, to help direct you on your path to greater traffic
Google Trends is also useful here for making sure you’re tweeting on subjects of interest and it also makes sure you’re speaking the way your audience expects of someone in the niche. Using the right terminology, for example (just not so much it’s unreadable to everyone else).
X- Axis refers to the Days & Y-Axis refers to the Number of Followers
- Use web tools
Items 1 to 12 are all things you can do without cost. This last one, however, does cost. Twitter provides an option to promote your tweets. It isn’t too expensive and can help you quickly reach a target audience, using such things as keywords, location or subject. Used sparingly it’s a cost effective way of getting your name out there.
A final word of caution, don’t dive in with all of items 1 to 13 all at once. Not every strategy may work for you so proceed in a logical way. Pick the ones that seem best suited to your blog and try them, checking the results as you go.
Once you’re finished all the above, you maybe a Twitter celebrity too!
A lot of bloggers are intimidated by the amount of tasks associated with document or content sharing, search engine optimization, keyword research, graphic designs, backlink analysis, social media page maintenance, and other aspects of making sure that people find their blog can be daunting. However, there are plenty of business tools that can help you with your internet marketing so that you can concentrate on creating great content. Whether you have a great website but need more visitors, want to keep things interesting for your followers, need more content, want to see what your competitors are up to, or are lacking a good way to edit your work or manage your tasks, these 31 business tools can help your business in a variety of ways.
Visit Buzzsumo.com for a great content marketing tool. Simply type in a keyword, and Buzzsumo will show you the most successful internet posts that have that keyword. You can then collect the statistics about those top influencers in your niche, such as how many times those posts have been shared, and where. The statistics are displayed in a way that makes it easy for you to pick them out, and you can use this data to your advantage.
Trello.com is an online organizer that allows for optimal organization of your blogging process. You and your team can keep track of your tasks, monitor your project hours, and collaborate effectively in real time. This can help you keep track of your employees as well as your own tasks.
3- SE Ranking
Seranking.com has a website ranking checker that allows you to monitor your ranking in search engines and in specific regions. With advanced keyword analysis, website audits and more, SE Ranking can help you with a variety of tasks, including keeping tabs on your competitors.
If you’re looking for a content idea generator, portent.com has one that will help you generate good ideas for content. Simply typing in a keyword will get you a list of potential titles for your next post. Now you have some more interesting content ideas to keep you going!
5- Google Docs
Google Docs is a tool you may have heard of. In addition to being able to collaborate with others on a document, you can check for spelling and grammar mistakes and change the HTML and CSS of the document. Google Docs also enables you to access your document from different devices.
Infographics are a great way to attract a target audience. However, they can be very expensive to order. But never fear, piktochart.com can help you create your own for free! Whether it is pie charts and graphs you need, or something with which to cover interesting and visual information, Piktochart can help you create something great to spruce up your website with.
You can improve your screencapture experience with ScreenPresso.com. With built-in editing capabilities, you can not only grab the exact image you want, but even edit it before you actually save the screen shot. This way, you can have more natural-looking and engaging screencaptures much more easily to share them with your viewers.
Visit doodle.com for a task scheduler that makes your blogging more organized. By getting rid of excess distractions, Doodle helps you figure out when and how often to schedule your blog posts to make effective use of them. Doodle is also a good way to schedule other things, such as meetings.
DropBox is another tool you may have heard about. As a popular way to store large files, it enables you to store your pdfs, documents, images and more between different devices. And it keeps your files secure wherever you go.
10- Windows Live Writer
Windows Live Writer is a blog editor that simplifies the writing and editing of your posts. As one of the best-known blog editors available for Windows, it enables you to edit images, posts, videos and more. There are also plenty of useful plugins that will let you add more features.
Pingo-O-Matic is a pinging service that lets search engines know about your new posts. You can choose which services to ping, such as Feed Burner, News is Free, SkyGrid and Topic Exchange, and alert them to your new post in one go.
12- Keyword Planner
If you are looking for a good keyword research tool, Keyword Planner is the best for optimizing your content through the discovery of keywords. It also enables you to create effective marketing campaigns, gather website statistics, and get an estimate of search queries for the keywords you are using. You can even export your competitors’ keywords. There are a lot of useful tools built in to build paid Ad Words campaigns as well.
Toggl is a time tracking tool that can help you stay on track. Bloggers who need to keep track of writing, editing and researching tasks can make good use of the ability to create tasks and click the start/stop button. Toggl works both online and off, and syncs to the cloud when you reach the internet.
Grammarly is a grammar checker that fixes your grammar mistakes. It checks not only spelling and punctuation errors, but also sentence structure. This is the perfect tool for newbies, and you don’t need any special editing skills in order to use it.
Canva is the most used image software around because of its ability to help create fancy images with a wide range of different templates for social media. For graphic design made simple, visit canva.com for different templates, fonts and more.
A great alternative to Google Alerts, Mention is a fantastic media monitoring tool. It enables you to track the keywords and mentions about your website and how much of it is positive, negative and neutral. You can even collaborate with your team through this tool, and assign them tasks and involve them in discussions.
GetResponse allows you to collect email from your users and add them to a mailing list, send emails to your list of your users, create email campaigns, manage your subscribers, and more. As a great email marketing tool, GetResponse makes your mailing list easy.
When you make a new blog post, Buffer keeps you from having to post about it on all of your social media accounts individually. Instead, you can schedule it so that Buffer will update them all about your post at once, with custom images and titles.
If you have too many passwords, you can use KeePass for a free database that stores all of your passwords. With one master password to unlock your passwords, the usernames and passwords for all of your accounts are at your fingertips. KeePass is free, easy to use, and available for iOS, Android, Mac OS X and Linux.
20- Moz Toolbar
Moz Toolbar is a tool for accessing important SEO and social metrics. It also allows you to explore page elements and displays PR rank and domain rank. Visit moz.com for this user-friendly SEO content marketing tool.
21- Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is a software that allows you to explore all onsite SEO, and is particularly useful for medium and large websites. Headline, meta tags, URL, interlinking and duplicate pages are exported to Excel, and you can check out the SEO recommendations.
It’s more about who you know rather than what you know. Visit rapportive.com for a Gmail add-on that displays everything about your contacts, such as their social media pages. You can add them on Twitter, Linkedin or Facebook without leaving gmail. This allows you to grow your social network without even having to go to different sites.
Copyscape is a plagiarism detection software. If you are afraid that someone may be plagiarizing your posts, you can go to copyscape.com and try it for free. Premium versions are also available.
If you run a lot of projects and have a lot of employees to keep track of, workexaminer.com has an employee monitoring tool for making the most of your employees and monitoring their work time and productivity.
If you want to check your backlink profile, ahrefs.com has a great tool that is both powerful and easy to understand. With a wide range of toolsets and great functionality, Ahrefs has capabilities such as keyword analysis, domain comparison, batch analysis and competition analysis, and is perfect for website owners or webmasters who want to get the most from their website while minimizing their costs.
Evernote is an app that provides bloggers and business owners with the ability to keep all of the important ideas written down in one place. It has a web clipper extension that allows you yo save important parts of online articles, URLs, and even photos. You can even bookmark everything that you save so that it is easy to find when you need it later.
If you feel as if you have too many online distractions that are keeping you from your real work, Anti-Social allows you to block the sites that are distracting you for the duration of your work period. You can set start and finish points for the time that you need the unproductive sites that are the sources of your distraction blocked. This app can be installed with a one-time fee of $15.
Freedom, much like Anti-social, helps cut down on unproductivity. However, Freedom can allow you to block the online world completely for the duration of your work period. If you can complete your work without the internet and want to block it all out, and not just your usual distractions, so that nothing can distract you, this app allows you to block the internet for 8-hour intervals. Freedom can be downloaded for a one-time $10, but Freedom and Anti-social can be downloaded together for $20, saving you $5.
Followerwonk is a social media management tool for business owners, that allows you to optimize your followers by comparing different social profiles and bios. You can listen to your followers and measure your followers’ activity through Followerwonk. In addition, it is very user-friendly and easy to set up.
If you are tired of logging into your Instragram, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace and Linkedin, you can schedule your posts for all of your social media outlets from one place with Hootsuite. It is a great brand management and social media marketing tool that is easy to use.
31- Google+ Local
Google+ Local is another great way to drive traffic to your site through social media. Google+ ranks local businesses over other keyword searches, which helps a lot of people find your site even if other businesses are more established and have more traffic overall. This is an easy task to accomplish without much effort, and can greatly improve your website traffic.
Any combination of these 31 business tools can greatly help your business get more internet traffic and visitors, and grow to the next level. Some of these tools perform much the same tasks, so the best way to ensure that they work well for you is to decide which ones meet your web marketing needs the best.
With these exciting business tools, you can better promote your business, keep track of your employees and assign tasks, generate interesting content, and make sure that search engines place your business higher in their rankings, all while minimizing the stress on yourself and your team. With better keywords, simplified social media marketing, and editing software, your business can go further with less effort. Just take advantage of some of these 31 business tools, and promoting your business will be a cinch.
When you are running online business, you need to keep developing yourself and learn more constantly. This will allows you to keep up with new business or internet marketing strategies that are out there. There are many resources on Internet Marketing that you can find online. However, with all the options it is hard to see what is really worth your time. Here is a list of 15 blogs and websites that I follow and I believe can help you be more efficient and profitable in your business. So, while you are in good hands of BusinessEscalate.com, here are some other websites I constantly view to keep myself up to date:
Some of you may be familiar with the Hubspot software. They all have individual blogs and one in particular that focuses on marketing. They regularly cover web trends, digital advertising and social media.
This digital marketing service also runs a marketing blog with quick-read articles that can easily fit into any busy schedule. This blog even provides links to some of their eBooks if you want to receive more information on a particular topic.
This website also runs its own blog and has training open to the public. There is also a community forum where users can sign up to chat and share ideas among each other.
This resource knows how to simplify digital advertising. They provide daily updates on multiple topics such as E-commerce, blogging and of course their specialty, digital advertising. They typically post a couple times a day, so you’re bound to get a few good ideas here.
This site is all about the analytics. They help their customers measure results and their blog provides a fresh perspective on this as well. They also use examples from other businesses and services that readers can look into using.
Search engine optimization is important for any business to understand to continue growing online. Information can be found on this website with this topic and PPC. They have eBooks available and a few webinars per year.
Landing pages can help any business better serve their customer. Unbound can build and publish these landing pages for any business. Not only does this blog post articles, but they also include podcasts on related topics as well.
This visually appealing site posts on other internet websites and sources that will improve search results. Some other services mentioned are Bing Ads, Google Analytics, Adwords and social media.
9. Adobe Digital Marketing Blog
This blog focuses on a wider range of topics than most of the others in the list. It provides descriptions of many different resources and products currently on the market. This blog can be very helpful if you are looking for a way to stay in the know.
10. Moz Blogs
Moz’s main focus is also search. There are many search engine optimization sources on their site and most topics in their blog forums on creating links and content which can improve search. There are new posts made daily.
11. Digital Marketer
This site is owned by notable and successful marketer, Ryan Deiss and this site focuses on what everyone’s biggest concern, which is using digital marketing to increase sales. They provide solutions for busy business owners on how they can make positive changes to their business online and integrate into their lifestyles.
12. Search Engine Roundtable
This website breaks the content into four main categories; Google, Bing, Yahoo and SEO. They also have a few other sections on the site as well. Each category is then broken down into additional topics. This is one of the easiest internet marketing sites to find exactly what kind of content you are looking for in a short amount of time.
If news of online marketing is what you’re looking for, this is the place to find it. This website posts articles on advertising, search and other topics. Then relates the news to how it can affect you individually.
Stop Marketing. Start Engaging. This is what you see when you get to this websites homepage. Instead of a typical blog format, podcasts are posted on the regular. A link to other industry related blogs can be found on the left hand side of the home page.
15. Search Engine Optimization Journal
Many contributing authors in the industry can be found here. This helps the website keep many different topics floating around on search related topics.
These are just some of the online resources that can help improve your internet marketing. See which ones really work for you and your business needs. If you have any website you will like to recommend, leave a comment below.
I believe your website is a very important part of your business and your livelihood, just as BusinessEscalate.com is just like that to me. Website hacking is not new and it is a serious problem for both small and big businesses. In 2014 alone, big notable companies such as JPMorgan Chase, Home Depot, and Target were hacked. And the worst part, website hacking is not going to stop anytime soon. As technology progresses, the same can be said for trends in hacking and cyber crime.
Because you operate a website, it’s your duty to protect it from possible hacking attempts that can greatly compromise its data. Even if you aren’t an expert in website management, there are plenty of things you can do to enhance and strengthen the protection of your website. These are seven ways to keep hackers and cyber crime at bay!
1. Hide Website Errors: Specifically, if your website operates on a database, you could be significantly at risk. One of the most common techniques that hackers use to glean fragile information about a website is through adding random characters to a URL querystring.
If you’ve ever seen a URL used with your website that appears similarly to “http://www.yourwebsite.com/data.asp?reportID=20,” you should know that hackers can manipulate it (usually by adding bogus characters) to generate an error page. Default error pages supply a lot of fragile information that can be used to harm your website if it ends up in the wrong hands. To stay on the safe side, turn off website errors, or create a custom error page.
2. Block Form Input That Can Put Your Website At Risk: Hackers also use HTML forms to gain access to website back-ends. Hackers can input particular types of information into a basic site form in order to extract information about your website, or they can even inject malware into it. To combat this, you must block any type of input that could negatively manipulate the database. Many website owners use “input validation” in order to achieve this.
3. Add Ample Security To Your Website: Security is just as important for your website as it is for your home or personal computer. If you don’t already have a web application firewall in place, you should do so first. These can either be integrated as hardware appliances, or they can be used via the cloud. Web application firewalls protect against brute force attacks, spam, SQL injections (like those described above), cross site scripting, and more.
4. Utilize The HTTPS Protocol With All Areas of Your Websites: HTTPS is becoming more commonly used by websites across the web, and before long, Google will begin penalizing the search visibility of websites that don’t utilize it. HTTPS forces a secure, encrypted connection, and it is already commonly used for online shopping transactions and confidential information transfers. You should strongly consider using it as a connection requirement for your entire website.
5. Don’t Give Yourself Away: Hackers will spend incredible amounts of time scouring websites for terms that include “admin” or “login.” Once they find vulnerable areas of your site that could contain confidential data, they will make countless attempts to breach them. Your job is to throw hackers off, should they ever pursue your website. Rather than using “admin” or “login” to describe your folders and credentials, use innocuous terminology.
6. Keep Every Element of Your Website Up To Date: Regardless of how your website was designed, you should keep it updated as often as possible. Each plugin, script, application, and piece of code should be regularly modified and updated to enhance security.
7. Lastly, Change Those Passwords: It might seem like a worn out piece of advice, but using strong passwords and changing them frequently will help immensely with keeping hackers at bay. Old, weak passwords are most vulnerable to brute force attacks. Try to ensure that your passwords are all at least 12 characters in length and feature a combination of numbers, alphabet letters, and symbols. Use different passwords for different accounts, and always encrypt the file that contains records of your usernames and passwords.
In closing, make sure you backup your website regularly. So, in the event your website is hacked, you can restore it easily and quickly and be back in business like nothing happened.
Mailing lists are the lists that contain the names (optional) and email addresses of people you can send emails to, when you have an offer. It may include physical addresses and phone numbers, especially for offline businesses. But, we will concentrate on email addresses as the main element here, which is very paramount for an online business. These people opted in to receive email messages from you. There is no greater offense than sending unsolicited email to people who have not opted in to receiving emails from you. It is against the law and the FCC will sue you if you are caught.
Selling to past satisfied customers is the easiest free traffic you will get in your business. Legally, getting email addresses from your customers or potential customers is the key ingredient in securing continuous customer patronage. Building a mailing list is a must for your business success – we heard it. The money is in the list, as internet marketer will say. This is very true, but it must be a quality targeted list. You don’t want to be sending email messages to promote pork meat to a vegetarian community.
But, how exactly is a business’s success so dependent on it? Whether it’s online or offline, the growth of every business relies on building a good reputation, brand management and smart marketing. Experts believe email list building can help with all of them. Of course, there will be several other sub processes in between which will be equally important. Our question is, why? Building an email list is especially important for the success of our business. You need aweber or GetResponse mailing list service to be able to build a successful mailing list and conduct profitable email marketing.
First of all, you need to understand that building a mailing list is part of the email marketing plan. There are a few things that email list building does with ease and perfection. So, here are the 15 critical ones:
1. An Email List Reduces the Cost of Marketing Dramatically
When you have a database of email addresses of past customers or potential customers that have demonstrated interest in what you sell, you can easily send free emails to them without having to pay for the clicks. If you send an email to 5000 people, apart from the monthly subscription cost of maybe $100, then you don’t really have any other costs. To receive 5000 clicks from search engines, it may cost you more than $3,000 depending on the market you are in.
2. Email List Allows You to Reach Your Customers on Their Mobiles
Many people check their email on their mobile phone these days. Immediately you send it, and then it is received by the recipient within minutes. It’s easy for a customer to quickly check email updates on their phones. Therefore, it also gets easy for a business to stay connected to its prospective buyers, no matter where they are. If you are running flash sales, then you quickly send the word out.
3. Emails Help to Send Customized Messages to the Customers
The good thing about email marketing is that it is much easier now to segment your customers into groups that may be based on what they bought in the past. Email service providers, such as Aweber or GetResponse, make this very easy. Sending the right email to the right group will increase your sales and make your customers happy as well.
4. An Email List Helps to Track Business Growth Much Better
As we have said in the beginning, “Money is in the list.” The more email addresses of responsive customers you have, the more you will make in revenue. If your email database is growing, then you revenue will be growing as well.
5. Emails Help a Business Understand their Customers Better
Depending on the type of information consumers furnish in the email subscription form, a marketer gets to understand a lot about the genre of his prospective buyers, like the approximate age of the average buyers, their gender, etc. It helps them develop a better marketing plan and sales pitch to increase conversions. Business can send surveys out through email as well to find out their customers’ needs.
6. It’s Considered a Faster and More Direct Mode of Communication
Emails are definitely the faster and more direct communication mode for a business. A business can attend to each email query personally to make their prospective buyers feel special and improve the customer service. It helps them build brand loyal customers in the long run.
7. A Business Doesn’t Need to Rely Solely on Social Media Marketing
Although social media marketing is powerful, with a growing email list and number of prospective buyers a business’s sole reliance on social media ends. The chances of success of a business increase even if social media marketing doesn’t work well for it.
8. Email Marketing Can Increase the Social Media Following of a Business
It has been seen that customers who subscribe to the email list of a business are more likely to share and like that business’s posts on Facebook and Twitter. You can also send email to this list to introduce your social media page or to invite them to the page. Many of them will gladly be happy to join your page and hit the “Like” button.
9. Email Marketing Gives a Business Occasional Relief from Search Engine
Because of the email addresses of your customers you have, reaching your customer without depending on third party algorithm is unstoppable. Successful email marketing gives a business occasional relief from search engines and search engine optimization rigors. A business doesn’t need to worry too much about search engine ranking, or spend too much money for it. It can manage to attract new customers and retain the existing ones through smart email list building and email marketing plans.
10. Email List Helps Online Business Draw More Traffic to a Website
By sending email alerts, or sharing very useful information through email newsletters, a business can drive repeat visitors to its website, which is very important for its success. So, you must collect emails of the buyers who are interested in your products or services.
11. Mail List Building Helps a Business Improve Customer Engagement
As we said earlier for a business, email marketing is a fast, easy and a cost effective way to stay connected and engaged with its prospective buyers. And as we know, a business with impressive customer engagement manages to keep the end customers happy and thus can grow and succeed faster.
12. It Helps a Business in Better Lead Conversions
Prospective leads are more likely to turn into a sale when a business keeps it consumers happy and attends their problems personally. And we know that happy and brand loyal customers are the root cause of success for every business.
13. Email Marketing Helps a Business offer Special Customer Loyalty Plan
A business can provide special product and service offers to its brand loyal customers. It helps them retain their customers for the long term and therefore, they can ensure their success.
14. Automated Email System Simplifies Marketing
When you have the email list of your customers or potential customers, you can set up a series of emails in advance to go out to this list at the time you set without you doing anything else. An automated email system is easy to manage and helps a business perform marketing in a much easier manner.
15. It Increases the Value of Your Website or business
It may get to a point where you will want to sell you website or business. The value that having a mailing list will bring to your website sale will be enormous. I will pay 3X more for a website with a very good mailing list base. And, the same way the website investors think.
By building a mailing list and planning smart email marketing, a business can ensure productive customer interaction, targeted traffic to a website, increased number of brand loyal customers, and more prospective leads and conversions. The end result of all of this is – an astounding success. And, this clarifies why building a mailing list is a must for your business’s success.
When I first started, I knew I needed people to come to my site, but it took me some time before I could figure out how to bring or find people to come to my site. I started buying clicks or traffic that people were selling. But to my surprise, all the traffic I bought on eBay was merely bots, with no real traffic at all. I wasted so much money on this before I started to learn how to drive real traffic. The traffic sources explained below are mixture of free traffic and paid traffic.
You may have the best product in the world, but if nobody hears about it then you will not make any sales and you will end up as a failure. The same thing with your website; if nobody knows about your site, the mere reason that you built it doesn’t mean they will come. You need eyeballs to see your product, which will lead to people taking out their wallets and buying your product.
However, you want to get quality targeted traffic to your website. Targeted traffic means only a very specific group of visitors who would be interested in the product or service that you have to offer on your website. Increased targeted traffic will produce a higher number of sales and more conversions. In this case, every bit of extra effort will count.
So, I will show you some medium you can use to get quality targeted traffic to your site, either free or paid traffic:
1. Facebook – Social media, such as Facebook, has made it so easy to get people to see and view your website. You can get these people to your site for free or by paid Facebook ads. To get free traffic, create a fan page for your business or website and start posting helpful contents and funny images related to your business. These two things will make your contents and images go viral, and this will make people start clicking “Like” and start sharing them as well.
2. Twitter – If you don’t have a Twitter account for your business yet, go create one today and start posting tweets on the page. Post a funny quote and links to quality content on your site. That will help you get people to start retweeting your content. That will also get you more traffic very quickly. Make sure you follow some notable people with a big audience. This will help you a lot.
3. Solo Ads – I bought solo ads from different people that I know who have buyer traffic and are ready to send my ad or message to their mailing list. This is very quick and quality traffic. I have had a great experience with this. One place to check for this is udimi.
4. Pinterest – According to traffic that I received from Pinterest, it sent more traffic to me than Facebook and Twitter combined. Use Pinterest the right way and you will be bombarded with targeted traffic.
5. StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is a great source for traffic. You can put your website ad there. Depending on the content, video and photos, the users will rate it as a ‘thumbs up’ or ‘thumbs down’ using the StumbleUpon toolbar. When you get more thumbs up, StumbleUpon distributes your content or ad to more and more users, which gives you more traffic to your website in response.
6. SlideShare – SlideShare gets 60 million visitors per month. If you can develop a great PowerPoint presentation with good links, add tags for SEO, mention your URL at the end of the presentation, use good template, convert it into the PDF, upload in Slideshare and share across social media, then it will get you lots of their traffic to your website.
7. Press Release – If you can submit press releases using good keywords in prominent PR sites like prweb.com and sbwire.com, it will give you thousands of hits to your website.
8. Banner Ad – Do a search on Google for sites related to your niche and see if they will allow banner ads on their site. There is no quick way to get targeted traffic than this.
9. Pay Per Click – This is very effective and can easily get you into the cash flow side. It is a method by which you pay-per-click that is sent to you from sites, such as Google Adwords, Bing, and many other sites. Most clicks that come from these sites are buyer traffic if you target the right keywords.
10. Guest Blogging – Although this will be hard for you in the beginning as your blog will not have the credibility, you can try it anyway. Talk to famous bloggers and ask permission for guest blogging. If they allow it, you can use your website link somewhere in your post to attract the traffic and take them back to your website.
11. Affiliate Platform – Offer attractive commission to the affiliate marketers to promote your product and website. Established affiliate marketers get numerous web page visits every day. So, they can send lots of good traffic to your website. Examples of these platforms are Zaxaa, JVZoo, WarriorForum.
12. Forum – Join forums relevant to your product or service. You will get a similar community there talking about different things. You must mention your website in the signature or profile. After that, you can contribute new great ideas and offer solutions to problems to lure the community to your website.
13. Blog Comment – Leave valuable blog comments in the famous blogs to attract the attention of the visitors and other bloggers. Most good blogs will give you an option to use your website link somewhere. If other visitors like your comment, they might follow you through the website link you leave there.
14. LinkedIn – Join LinkedIn, create a great profile, add the links of your website and blog to your profile, increase connections, update your profile status frequently, join relevant groups, try to engage with networks, write good content and promote it, share with a group or individuals, and follow the individuals to get LinkedIn traffic to your website.
15. Google Plus – You can create a Google Plus profile page that includes your website links and YouTube URLs. Make sure you format the page, use wise headlines for your posts, connect to the right people to build a good circle, add images and use hashtags to get targeted traffic to your website.
16. Amazon – Amazon is the biggest eCommerce store right now. If you’ve published a book or just an eBook, get the kindle version on Amazon and get free traffic. You can smartly promote some other products you may have in that book as well or promote your squeeze page to get free leads.
17. eBay – eBay gets millions of hits every day. Promote your product there and build an “About Me” page, where you could mention your website link. This will help the visitors on eBay find out about your website, which will increase your traffic.
18. ClickBank – If you have digital products that you sell on your website, then uploading it to the Clickbank marketplace is very important. This platform has thousands of affiliates promoting products on this website daily. Just make sure you give a good commission to those affiliate, like around 75%, then you will get a lot of them promoting your product.
19. Craigslist – It’s a website that promotes classified ads. It gets 50 million visitors per month. You can get traffic from Craigslist if people browsing ads find your ad attractive and click the hyperlink. You can also post content there with good keywords. The content on Craigslist is very search engine friendly and shows up in search engines quite often. It will get you traffic from the search engines.
20. Article Marketing – Article sites, such as eZineArticle and ArticleBase, receive a lot of traffic daily. You can submit articles to these sites to gain more targeted traffic. Article marketing will drive quality targeted traffic to your website. For that, you will need to write articles for different authority websites or blogs. When you publish articles on these high ranking authority websites, you are allowed to include your website or links to your website there. If the readers like your post, they will click the link to view your website, which will get you lots of quality traffic to your website.
21. Search Engine – Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing are excellent sources for traffic. Search engines can send you lots of targeted traffic, both free and paid traffic. Google search traffic creates more sales than any other website. Try as much as possible to optimize your website to be search engine friendly to get free traffic. You need to optimize your website and blog content with tags, keywords, images and videos to rank better in the search engines and lure tons of traffic from there.
22. Social Bookmark – You can use sites like digg.com, reddit.com, Yahoo Bookmarks, and Google Bookmarks to get lots of traffic. Just remember to make an attractive headline of your post, submit the post in the right category, build a great profile of yours and respond to comments on your articles. That will help you get 20000 visitors a day to your website.
23. YouTube – YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world and it is owned by the first largest, Google. It generates 4 billion views daily. Internet marketers know the power of video these days on YouTube. All you have to do is make an excellent video and an account with YouTube, which gets millions of hits; and then upload your video there, add a good title, description and keywords telling people what your video is all about, add your website link and add a “call to action” encouraging people what to do if they like your video. This way you can get lots of traffic from YouTube to your website.
24. Yahoo Answer – Many people asking questions on Yahoo Answer are actually looking for solutions. If you have a product they can buy to solve their problems, you have a 90% chance of making a sale. To get good enough traffic from Yahoo Answer, you have to prepare good answers to the questions people are asking and try to restrict the promotion of website links. If your answer is good, people will follow you and you will get lots of traffic to your website.
25. Directory – Submitting your website link to some directory will help you with traffic and SEO benefits. Some of these directories are free while others are paid directories. Some examples of directories you can submit your website to are Yahoo, Google, Bing, Yelp, YellowPages, Whitepages, YellowBook, SuperMedia, BizJournals, Local, Kudzu, Twibs, SuperPages, Biznik, Manta, Backpage and many others.
So, these are the 25 effective ways to get quality targeted traffic to your website. Traffic is going to be the reason for your online business’s success or failure. Spend about 70% in getting traffic to your offers, and you will succeed. However, don’t be distracted to see the abundance of options. Try one option first, monitor the end result, and then move on to the other.